Sunday, June 17, 2007

Miracle on Bread

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Today I made bread. I started with an approximation of my mother-in-law's matloh recipe; but instead of making one bread, I make them in little bitty "petits pains." Part of not making a big bread is my lack of technical skill and the other part is our lack of appropriate cooking facilities (we have a "California kitchen", as the French say).

Here are the little happy doughs after sitting patiently for two hours:


You can note my mp3 player in the background. It was broken for a week. I ask Nice Husband to fix it, and he turns it on and tells me it isn't broken. I am for real.

The finished product was quite yummy. It isn't his mom's bread, but I think secretly Nice Husband likes his baby matloh. It is useful for breakfast and snacking to have the smaller sizes. One of the rolls, in front, has a burn mark on it that bears a striking resemblance to the Arabic writing of "Allah". Subhan Allah! The last letter is more visible in real life. Anyway, Nice Husband wouldn't eat it until I took a picture. So what do y'all think?

I was always one to like the random miracles people would pass around- the fish with "Allah" written on it, the trees bending in prayer pointing to the qiblah, all that stuff. Some people make fun of it, and I'm sure some of it is doctored or not as miraculous as all that (like the photos of the guy in Sweden who recieved the punishment of the tomb), but for all you haters, I know you would bug out if you saw a fish with "Allah" on it swim by you. You know you would. My bread is by no means a miracle as the last letter is incomplete, of course, I'm just saying. Train of thought, you know?

http://dictatorprincess.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_archive.html



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good of you to share this miracle, Islam is a beautiful religion and i hope that one day none of us need miracles to believe

Anonymous said...

it really is amazing